January 7, 2015

It's a GIRL!!!...Introducing (FINALLY!) our little Chickadee



Oh my gosh, you guys, I FINALLY have a moment to blog! After all the holiday hoopla, the travels, and well just trying to figure out life with a newborn...I have a moment! Quick Beth, take it and write without abandon. No proofing, No editing. Just write!

I realize that this announcement is coming ridiculously late but...

I want you to meet our little Chickadee, 
Kristin Elizabeth


Born on her due date just before Thanksgiving at 4:19am, Kristin surprised all of us at how healthy she was (and still is!). Kristin was born 9 lbs. 12 oz, 21" long. We all knew she was measuring big from the very beginning, but I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be delivering a 9 pound baby, let alone almost one who was almost 10!

I would love to take this time to write her birth story, but honestly I'm not sure I have the time. Kristin truly is a sweet baby, but we've been blessed with a sweet baby who is sweetest when held. And not just held, bounced, swayed, waltzed around the room...in fact, I'm sitting on an exercise ball now as I write this with my little bambino. Fortunately we had planned to wear our babies which helps tremendously to keep her content. But I didn't have a clue what kind of toll my baby's fussiness would have on my heart, mind and body.

All that being said, I am blessed. WE are blessed. Our baby is healthy. Our baby is strong. She is alive and well (and reminds us of this often ;) Until I have a good half day to document her birth, I will simply share some photos. Our little Kristin over the past (almost) 2 months.

Kangaroo time :)

Just about to take our baby HOME

Hands down my favorite photo

Kristin's first Thanksgiving - and red cup run!

Photo day - 8 days old

Looooong baby. These newborn clothes did not last long!



First visit to her big brother's burial site.
Bittersweet, but I loved having my two kids together



She's a very smiley baby when rested, fed and changed :) Love that grin

One of many bath pictures. Like Samuel, she loves bath time.

Kristin loves her daddy!

Kristin Elizabeth - Baptized into the Catholic Church Dec. 7, 2015
As expected, welcoming Kristin into our lives has had its ups and downs. Most days we are working hard to learn her wants, needs and cues as first-time parents for the second time. Some days we are overwhelmed. Here and there I miss Samuel terribly. And every day we are grateful for the blessing that Kristin is to us. God is so good!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie pie! I am so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, Beth! Thanks for writing during your precious, precious time away in newborn land. :) You know how overjoyed I am for you, and how much I love little Krisitin already. There are so many ups and downs at this stage. I always felt like my head was spinning with all the emotions involved. And one night I DISTINCTLY remember having this thought: "My life is never going to be normal again." In many ways I was right, but I'm here at the other side (kind of :) to tell you that a new normal emerges and in it you will thrive. Today could you just Kristin a kiss for me and breathe deep? You only need to gather enough strength for today. And like you said, God is good! He will bless you through it all :)

    Remember you can always text, write, or call me - I'm here for you any time! WELCOME AGAIN KRISTIN! XOXO

    ReplyDelete